Sunday, July 25, 2010

A weekend at the lake


A weekend at the lake is always a great time. This past weekend I got the chance to go up and see some of my friends from school and it was a great time. My friend and I left early Friday morning to drive three hours. The drive up there was not bad at all it was very relaxing which is very surprising because most of the time I don't really like driving. I was so excited when I got there I felt like I hadn't seen my friends in such a long time. We got there and put our stuff down and headed straight to the lake. I love to be out on any kind of boat. It is just so relaxing and it just frees your mind. I had gone into this weekend a little confused about some things and just a little tired from the week. So once I was on the lake it was great to just have this feeling of relief that I didn't have to worry about anything that the things back at home didn't matter anymore. As the weekend went on I just got to spend some time with my friends catching up and just talking about memories that we had. We got to go swimming and tubing which I am a little sore from. I also got to do a lot of thinking. I had time to just sit on the boat and look around and see all the beautiful things around me. As I said I went into the weekend very confused but as I sat there and just had time to think things became a lot clearer to me. I realized that the things I was confused about were not important that there was no reason for me to be upset about the things I was upset about or to even worry about the things that I was worried about. I realized that in time things will work out that there is nothing I can do right now to make things work out. I cannot make something happen but I have to trust God and let him be the one who makes things right between people. While I am sore from tubing this weekend was so great and I am so glad that I got to see my friends and just relax for a little while.

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.