Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday Weekend

This past Saturday I had my 20th birthday. As this day approached I wasn't sure how to feel about it. At the start of the week I couldn't wait for my birthday to come. My friends from school were coming to see me and I was just excited to hang out with friends and have a good time. However life is full of surprises and the week started off terrible. Nothing seemed to be going my way. Things just kept happening and I didn't know what to do about any of them. I just kept hoping that as my birthday got closer things would start to look up. Once again they really didn't. I started to think about how old I was going to be. I was going to be 20. I was no longer going to be a teenager. It was time for me to really mature. When I thought about being 20 it kind of scared me. 20 to me was a big number. One of my friends did not help me to forget that I was turning 20. Every chance she got she told me that I was going to be 20. As the day got closer I got more excited and started to forget the week that I had. I decided that I was not going to let those things get to me.

My friends from school finally got here and I was so happy to see them. They made the week so much better. I had looked forward to seeing them all summer. We had so much catching up. The next day they went with me to babysit. That day the kids' mom made me and cake and she also said something that will probably stick with me for a long time. She told me that these next ten years a lot will happen. As I began to think about what she said it made a lot of sense. In these next ten years I will graduate from college, start a career, and probably get married. These things are pretty big stepping stones in my life. Most of the time these things would scare me but I have realized that it is just part of growing up. I am also not scared because I know that the future holds great things and I cannot wait to see what is going to happen.

My birthday weekend turned out to be a pretty good one. I went to the cheesecake factory with my family and got to spend my birthday with some pretty great people. People who have been a part of who I am today.

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.