Saturday, June 5, 2010

Moving Forward



Yesterday I went to go see Jon McLaughlin at Military Park. I at first didn't really want to go. I was very tired from the past week and I just want to relax until I had to go to my cousin's open house. However I do not regret going at all. Jon McLaughlin used to be one of my favorite artist but as I went to college I stopped listening to him I don't know why. Today when I heard him I fell in love with his music again. His songs are very inspiring and are very relaxing. His songs if you actually listen to the lyrics having really good meaning. He is original from Indiana. He actually has a song called Indiana and as I stood there today and listened to him play this song it made me began to think.

If you know me I want to eventually move to California. If I don't have the chance to move to California then I want to move to a bigger city. While Jon McLaughlin kept playing Indiana my mind began to wander. I started think about where I did want to live when I grow up. I realized that my call was to go to a bigger city. I think that I have always known this. Especially with every career I have ever been interested in. However as my mind wandered more I realized that Indiana is always going to be the place I call home. Who knows I could end up in Indiana. Either way though it is where home is. It is where my family is. While I know I complain a lot about Indiana and how boring it is. It is not always such a bad place to live. I know that if I ever get out of Indiana. I will always come and visit because it is the place where I grew up. It is where I became who I am today and it will always be the place where I feel most safe. I feel as though whoever you are you are always looking for something more something better. That is what I always used to say. I always used to say that I want to get out of Indiana because it would be better but now I realize that Indiana while it is not the best it is good enough for me.

Another song that Jon McLaughlin sings is called just four years. While it talks about the different aspects of high school. It also talks about how much life changes and you are only in high school for four years. It made me start to think about how college for most people is just four years. It then hit me I have already completed one year of college. That started to freak me out because I only have three more years in college. Three more years until I really have to grow up. Now three years seems like a long time but when I think about how fast my freshmen year went I beginning to worry about how fast the next three years will be. I look back now on the past five years of my life and wonder where the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday I was a scared little freshmen. It is surreal that in the fall I will be starting my sophomore year of college! What freaks me out more is I know as each year comes I will become more busy with school and working that time will just fly by. Now don't get me wrong I am excited to be done with school and start a career but it scares me at the same time because the real world is not always a friendly place to be. I have seen some of hard times people have gone through because when they get to the real world they don't know what to do. I just hope and pray that when I reach that point I will have some idea of what is going on and how to handle things. Jon McLaughlin's song talks about how the table turns in the real world. Thinking about I feel after the next three years I will be ready for the real world. Saturday was a great day. It got me back into an artist that I had some what forgotten about. His songs inspire me and make me believe in myself more. While I hate to think about how the next three years are going to go fast I am ready for them. I am ready for what the future holds. It is very scary and exciting. I know for a fact though wherever I end up I will always and forever call Indiana home.

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.