Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekends

This past weekend was the last weekend that I have before I start work. I start nannying tomorrow. I am having mixed feelings about this. I love nannying because the kids that i nanny for are great.On the other hand it means getting up and having to be on the go all day. I have been looking forward to starting to nanny again for a while but as it draws closer I don't know how am going to make it through tomorrow. There will definitely have to be some coffee tomorrow morning as I head out to what is going to be a very busy day.

I thought that this weekend would be a good weekend as my friends were graduating and I just had time to spend with people I haven't seen in a while. I spend most of Friday with my sister helping her moving her things from her old school to her new school. I loved this part of the day because I cannot remember the last time I really spend that much time with my sister. However I could not help but think about what I was going to do when I got back into town. I was going to see my friend in the hospital. If you know me at all I hate hospitals. They are just so sad and my heart just breaks for the people that have to be in there. Well I got back from helping my sister and it was off to the hospital with two of my other friends. The whole way there I was trying to prepare myself for what I was about to encounter. We finally got to the hospital and I thought I was going to be fine. However I walked into the hospital room and saw my friend and it took all of me to not just break down and cry right there. While my friend still acted kind of like himself I could tell that he was in pain and I hate it. The car ride home we were all pretty quite as we all seemed to have a lot on our minds. On the car ride home I just remember just looking out the window and thinking about how lucky I am to be healthy and fine but at the same time I realized that I could have been in that hospital bed just like my friend was. I sometimes feel as though I am unstoppable and nothing can touch me. When I saw my friend I realized that I was not unstoppable and things could hurt me.

After Friday I was ready for something to cheer me up. Saturday morning I went to my high school's graduation. As I sat there watching the graduation I couldn't believe that a year had already passed. I reflected on all that had happened over the past year and how much things had changed. Things were definitely not the same as they were a year ago. Many things had changed. I knew that things were going to change after I went to college but I didn't think they would change as much as they did. Saturday night I just sat outside with one of my friends talking about how much things had changed and how much more they were going to change over the next three years. Right there I decided that it was time for me to accept things that I cannot change. If I didn't then I would constantly be unhappy with the way things were. I also noticed how some of the people I used to be close to I am not even friends with anymore. This made me think about where things went wrong. As thought about it I realized that nothing really happened we just went our separate ways and we went out to find who we really are and if that meant growing apart then than it was for the best.

Finally Sunday came and I couldn't believe how fast my weekend had gone by so fast. I only had one open house to go on Sunday so I spent my day laying out. It was then time for the open house and it was great because I got to hang out with one of my friends that I haven't seen since I left for school. Then Sunday night came and I decided to have a bonfire at my house. It was really good at first but then one of my friends who said they were coming didn't show up so I was really bummed out about that and it kind of just took over the rest of night. It made me think about what people are really important in my life and who really wants me in their life. So to say the least this weekend was definitely not what I expected at all but it has definitely made me want to start my nannying soon!

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.