Thursday, May 6, 2010

where has the time gone?

As I sit here in my room at home looking around at all the old pictures that I have but when in reality they really aren’t that old they were just a year ago. I cannot believe that I graduated a year ago it just seems crazy to me. As sit here writing this there are many things that are going through my head. I am wonder about where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday I was packing up the van for move in day and now it is the end of my freshmen year. Wow has the time has flown. As I sit here and wonder about how the time as flown it also makes me think about if I have truly lived my life to the fullest if I have taken things for granted. And after thinking about it I have realized that I do take a lot of things for granted. I take my family for granted a lot of times. I have been blessed with a great family but sometimes I do not realize that or sometimes I find myself complaining about the little things in life and not realizing that there are people out there that have it a lot worse than me. I need to realize that I am blessed that I get to live each and every day. I am blessed that I can wake up every morning and not have to worry about where my next meal is coming from or how I am going to make it through the day. Granted I do wake up some mornings and don’t know how I am going to make it through the day. But recently I have realized that I don’t really have the right to think that because I live comfortably and I really don’t have a lot of things to worry about. As I sit here I wonder what the summer and the future holds for me. As of right now I hope the summer is full of adventure with great friends. I hope that it is a summer to remember. I know one thing is for sure once summer really starts it will be busy and I don’t know if I am ready for that. Sometimes I wish that things would slow down but then I realize that it’s not the things around me that need to slow down but it’s me who needs to slow down. I make myself busy not anyone else. I decide what I am going to do and I also decide where my life is going. I am a very controlling person so you would think that I would like this.However, I do not like this kind of control because it is me who is making myself busy no one else. So when I say that I am busy I have no one but myself to blame. Now I am not complaining about being busy because most of the time it is nice to keep things going and be doing things. However some of the time I just want it all to stop.So this summer I hope will be an adventure but I also hope that there will be a lot of me time. Not the kind of me time where I am selfish but a me time where I can just be myself and reflect on the day. Time where I can spend thinking about my day to see if I have really truly lived that day or if I kind of just did whatever because that is what everyone else was doing. I am excited for what the summer has in store for. There are tons of other things that are going through my head at this point but nothing that you would really want to hear about. The biggest thing is where has the time gone? and did I really make the most of everyday.

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.