Tuesday, May 18, 2010

random thought

I have I recently started reading the book Crazy Love. The reason i started reading this book was first because my bible study leaders told us that a good way to stay close to God was to read a book like this. The second reason is because I have always wanted to read this book I heard about a year ago and then other people have told about how good it is and it will really make you think. So I went out and bought the other day and really just left at that point. I really did not have the motivation to start reading it or anything like that but then as it sat on my desk I would look at everyday and say to myself I really need to start reading. So the book finally got to me and picked it up off my desk and started to read and it within the first couple of pages I was hooked. I was just so moved by what the author was saying to me. I had heard what he was saying before but it hit me in a new way. The thing that I like about the book is that he challenges you to think and he also has videos that go with some of the points that he is trying to make. So as I am reading I come across a part where he tells you to go and watch this video and the video is called juststopandthinkaboutit. It talked about a lot of different things but thing that hit me the most is when he was talking about judging people. I tend to judge people just like everyone else but this he really made me think about how I do really judge people. I will sometimes look at someone and be like well at least I am not as bad as them and said that in the video that we don't have that right and that we are just as bad as them. That really hit me that I need to take a step back and look at myself before I stand there and judge other people. I also realized that God is the only that has right to judge people and he still doesn't he loves everyone no matter what they have done! I know this was random but it was just something that was on my mind.

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.