Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ending Sophomore year

I didn't know if I would have time to write this the day before I go home like I did last year because well I have finals and unlike last year they are going to be hard. Anyways as I sit at my desk for one of the last times and I type one of my last blogs as a sophomore it is all so surreal. I can't believe that I am almost finished with my second year of college. I feel like it was just the other day that I was walking across that stage in my high school gym to receive my diploma and now I am sitting here my room almost completely empty getting ready to complete my sophomore year. As I have said before a lot has happened this year. I feel each year I learn something new. This year I learned that life isn't always so easy. Yes I have been faced with hardships before in my life but none like I had to go through this year.

School this whole year was just hard altogether. First semester there was just so much work I would have to get done in a week and on top of that I have was having issues with some of my friends. I wasn't sure what to do most days. Most days I would come back from classes and do homework and being completely stressed all the time. There was not one day first semester that at the end of the day I wasn't worn out and was ready for bed in hopes that the next day would be better. Now I'm not saying that first semester was completely terrible and that I didn't have a few good days because I did they were just rare and when I did have them I definitely cherished them. It just felt like most days were never ending. So when winter break came around I was so excited. I went home and just had time to relax. When it was time to come back I was not ready because a part of me thought that second semester would be just like first semester. I however convinced myself that it would be better no matter what because there were a lot of good things going on in my life and I was going to become an aunt. Boy was I wrong second semester was not as bad as first semester but just little things would pop up and would be very frustrating. Most of my days were good for the most part. There were so days that I wondered if they would ever end. I joined a sorority second semester and do not regret it one bit. They are changing my life.

This year was definitely hard but it has once again taught me something. It has taught me that things that you believe in are going to be tested. You are going to have those moments when all you want to do is throw in the towel and say that I'm done. However, I learned that if you push through all these hard times that end result is so great. Yes, it was a hard year but I learned so much from this year. I have learned a lot more about myself. Who I am and where my life is going. I learned that even when I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel it's there just waiting on me to realize that it is there.

Life isn't about all the good times. It about the bad times too. It's about the hard times and getting through those hard times that truly makes you who you are. I know that with the bad things that happen in my life I learn from them and I also learn a little bit more about myself. So while this year was hard and I can't wait for a summer with my friends. I learned a lot about myself. How much I can handle and where my life is going from this point.

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.