Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One Day Without Shoes


Today was TOMS Shoes day without shoes. It was so awesome to see everyone that participated in it. TOMS shoes if you didn't know is obviously a shoe company for every pair you purchase TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. I first heard about TOMS through my sister at that point I was a little interested but I was just in high school and really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. Then last year during my freshmen year of college Blake Mycoski,the founder of TOMS, came and spoke at Ball State. After hearing him talking and him saying that they had internships available I was immediately on board. That was and is my dream job. I want so badly to work for TOMS. Their movement is so awesome. They give shoes to children that can't afford them and because they can't afford shoes they can't go to school. I can't even imagine how hard that would be.

Today however I got a small taste of what they go through. I went barefoot today. I really didn't know if I wanted to do it or not. I like to be clean so for me to walk around campus with no shoes really grossed me out at first but as I thought about it I realized that it's not about me. It is for the children who can't afford shoes that have to walk through way worse conditions than I did today. That is what made me finally decided for sure that I was going barefoot. It was for the children that I hopefully will meet one day! These children have to walk EVERYDAY with no shoes their feet get so dirty and they are very pron to get diseases while walking around. This really pulls at my heart. I really wish that I could know what these children really go through. I only got a taste today and it was definitely hard at first but as the day went on I got more and more used to it. At the end of the day however I don't think that I could do it everyday. My feet hurt and were so dirty by the end the day. My whole body felt gross so I can't even imagine what these children feel like. I love children they have a special place in my heart. So when children on in trouble or need help my heart feels for them and I want to do something for them. This is why I decided to try and get a job at TOMS.

I really want to be a part of the TOMS team someday. I want so badly to go on a shoe drop. I can't even imagine what it would be like to put shoes on children feet so they can go to school and they don't have to worry about getting diseases. I hope and pray that someday I will get to meet these children and put shoes on their feet with the rest of TOMS team. For now I am doing everything possible to help these children and you should to. TOMS are way cute shoes and you should definitely look into getting a pair and find more out about the movement at www.toms.com. check it out and if you feel so inclined buy a shoe, have an event, or just give money because it is definitely going towards a great cause!

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.