Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer

Yes I know that it is not summer yet, but it is so close to being here. I am so excited for summer! It is going to be such a great time but as the semester nears the end it makes really stop and think about the year that I have had. Have I accomplished the things that I have wanted to? Am I where I want to be in life? Was this year what I thought it was going to be? How did this year go? All these questions have been running through my mind. That and the fact that I am almost done with my second year of college. It feels like I was just going into high school and now you are telling me that I am almost half way done with my college career. I'm not sure how to feel about this after all when college is done it is time to be a grown up and be on my own. YIKES!

As I look at this school year as a whole. It has been okay I guess. Am I where I want to be I guess you could say that. It was definitely a different year. I experienced things that I never thought I would. I joined a sorority which is definitely a plus and is definitely making me the person that I am. However, this year has been a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. There always seemed to be something going on and I probably made things a lot bigger deal than they needed to be. This year was definitely different. I struggled a lot this year with a lot of different things. During the fall I was just done with everything. I was frustrated with everything because me being the drama queen that I am thought that nothing was going my way. My friend passed away and then my best friends from last year and I were not as close as we used to be and I felt like we were never going to be close again. However, a short Christmas break and some talks with some people made me realize that my life isn't as bad as I thought it was. Yes, I had some hard times but I got through them and that's what really counts.

I realized this year that it's not about all the bad times in your life. It's about the fact that you made it through them. You hear people all the time complaining about their lives and everything that is going wrong in it. Believe me I do it too, but have you ever really stopped and really looked at your life at the people that are in your life. The people that are constantly forming you into the person that you are today or are just looking at the situations that you have been put in. Yes, you are going to be put in hard situations and yes sometimes it seems as if there is no light at the end of the tunnel but believe me the people that are put into your lives are there for a reason. They are there to tell you when you are being stupid. They are there when a stupid boy breaks your heart (or if a girl breaks your heart). They are there when someone has passed away in your family. They are there if you need a good laugh. Just remember that no matter what someone is always going to be there for you. You may feel alone at times but just look at all the people that have your back because believe it or not there are more people than you think.

I know that I just gained a whole lot more this year after joining Phi Mu. I know that no matter what my sisters will be there for me when I need them the most. They have already proven it to me. One of the deciding factors that made chose Phi Mu was when my grandma passed away I got a text from one of my friends telling me that the Phi Mu girls were thinking about my family and me on that day. That just blew me away. Most of these girls didn't even know me and they still were there for me. So yes this year may have been hard at times but as I look back on it I am so thankful for this year because it has made me who I am right now and I love who I am right now. Yes I have some things that I need to work on and I am working on those things. I'm not prefect and I know that I never will be. I also know that life is never going to be prefect. We are going to be thrown curve balls but we just have to hit them out of the park and go on with life know that moment in life helped us become who we are.

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am an Indiana girl who loves fashion and has always had dreams of owning her own boutique.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.